What is AdVANtage?
AdVANtage is a self-insurance pool that provides affordable liability, uninsured motorist and physical damage protection for commuter vanpools. Vanpools that are licensed and registered in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to become members. Vanpool owners join by paying annual membership fees to the pool that they would traditionally make payments to in the form of premiums. These fees are used to self-insure the AdVANtage member vanpools.
AdVANtage is a collective partnership brought to you by the George Washington Regional Commission GWRideConnect, the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation and the Division of Risk Management at the Virginia Department of the Treasury.
The purpose of the program is to ensure that current vanpools remain in service and to encourage the formation of new vanpools.
- Stable self-insurance
- Competitive annual contributions with flexible payment options
- Excellent liability protection
- Comprehensive and collision coverage with a choice of deductibles
- Professional claims service
- Towing and roadside assistance (labor only) included up to $250
What type of coverage does the AdVANtage program provide?
- Liability protection for 7-passenger & 15-passenger vans—with limits of $1 million per claim per accident
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection (statutory limits)
- Medical payments coverage ($5,000 per person)
- Comprehensive and collision coverage standard